OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
As a non-profit making association, MSTA dedicates:
- To promote and develop the standards of teaching swimming, aquatic teaching, life saving and lifeguarding to internationally recognized standards.
- To promote the interests and welfare of swimming instructors and members in particular.
- To promote charity work and services to the general community.
- To promote safety awareness through water safety education, the teaching of swimming and the survival techniques.
- To assist, advise and collaborate with kindred bodies, Education and Administrative authorities.
- To conduct training courses and hold qualifying examinations for members and to award the appropriate qualifications to successful candidates who wish to qualify for membership of the Association.
To provide quality systematic teaching, produce and raise the standard of swimming teachers in Malaysia. To promote prevention of drowning through safety awareness at all times
Imparting swimming skills and water safety to everyone.