Swimming teaching is a professional role which should be taken seriously. A swimming teacher is imparting knowledge to learners and helping them develop: teachers should keep in mind when delivering their lessons. If a swimming teacher creates an enjoyable and stimulating learning environment a learner will look forward to their swimming every lesson. Swimming Teachers must constantly remain enthusiastic, professional and deliver to the same standard at all times.
The role of an STA swimming teacher includes:
- To deliver effective, progressive swimming lessons to learners
- To be a role model to learners
- To deliver swimming lessons in a safe, challenging and enjoyable environment
- To plan progressive schemes of work and individual lesson plans that accommodate all learners needs and abilities
- To ensure teaching environment and equipment is safe for purpose
- To treat all learners fairly and consistently.
A successful swimming teacher will teach to each individual’s abilities and provide a stimulating learning programme. He or she must have a positive attitude that can motivate learners to achieve their goals.
Start your Swimming teaching career with STA Award in Teaching Swimming and continue with the full certification through the STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming . STA teaching certification will definitely build your confidence and provide you with all the effective teaching methods.